LETTER – Greenville Citizens For Decency Responds To “Drag Queen Story Hour”
Dear Fellow Greenville County Residents~
If you are one of our friends who lives in Greenville County, SC, I’m sure by now that you have heard about this “Drag Queen Story Hour.”
It’s unfortunate that these people want to come to our community and push their radical aberrant and abhorrent agenda upon us and particularly our children. They are trying to make people think that this type of behavior is “normal.” It is NOT! And, if as a community, we allow this deviant behavior into our community, what’s next? The North American Man-Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) which is nothing but a front for pedophilia? How about a group advocating for grown men advocating to marry young girls? What about a group advocating bestiality? And on and on you can go down the rabbit hole.
There comes a time when we must draw a line in the sand and take a stand. Now is such a time. Irish philosopher Edmund Burke has been attributed with saying, “All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.” And Plato once said, “The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”
The Greenville TEA Party, in concert with our friends at “Greenville County Citizens for Decency” and “GOP Politics” have decided to take action because we don’t think our children and grandchildren should be exposed to such depravity.
Let me be clear, we have no desire to tell any adults what they should or should not be doing in their bedrooms, but we do believe that we, as a community, can and should set standards of decency in our public square.
So, what can you do, you ask? Here are some Action Steps we are urging you to take:
- Go to change.org and sign the petition titled “STOP the “Drag Queen Story Time,” We have had nearly 2500 people sign it in less than 24 hours. But this is not all we will be doing. The Greenville TEA Party and Greenville County Citizens for Decent Standards are planning a Peaceful Prayer Walk.
- Please private message us at the Greenville TEA Party page on FB with your name, email address and phone number so we can keep you updated on happenings as they develop.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Join us on February 17th at 2:00pm at the Five Forks Library (located at 104 Sunnydale Dr., Simpsonville (just past the new Lowe’s grocery store) for a Peaceful Prayer Walk outside of the library. We are hoping that hundreds of you will join us as we will encircle the library to march around it peacefully and pray for the men who are caught up into this abnormal lifestyle}*
- We will be holding a Peaceful Prayer Walk training session at the regularly held TEA Party meeting on February 11th located at the Zen Meeting Space at 924 S. Main St. in Greenville near Flour Field at 6:30pm. Our intent is not to be confrontational, but to show a strong show of support for decency in Greenville County. We will ask each of you to make a tastefully worded sign and bring it with you on the 17th.
If you have any questions, feel free to private message us at the Greenville TEA Party on Facebook. We will be updating you as events transpire as this is a fluid situation.
Taylor Cox, Organizer
Pressley Stutts, Organizer
The Greenville TEA Party
Greenville County Citizens for Decency
TIP? PIC? EVENT? NEWS RELEASE? SUGGESTED LINK? E-mail us …